I am a Verizon Customer, not a Verizon Product
meeroom16

I just wasted 10 minutes of my life opting out after getting a pop up ad saying I have to register my unwillingness to be contacted for other products and services that I'm currently not getting from Verizon.  I'm sick of this kind of stuff- I pay Verizon for my phone and DSL, I am not a product for you to sell as part of a marketing list.   Why not make it that you DON'T sell my information to other companies unless I want you to? It's so pervasive today people don't even notice.  But I'm SICK of telemarketers, robocalls, marketing emails, endless SPAM, pop up ads, advertising EVERYWHERE I go.  I think it's awful that I had to go through one of the most frustrating automated menus to opt out when I am Verizon's paying customer.  I would go to another provider for my phone and email but frankly, all of my options are terrible.   

0 Likes
Re: I am a Verizon Customer, not a Verizon Product
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry to hear about your dislike for the the process. It is setup the way it is so we can make sure we can communicate new services and innovative products to our customers to further increase their satisfaction with the Verizon service. We do have the opt out procedure, which you have described going through, for those customers who do no want to be informed when a better service or product is available in their area.

0 Likes
Re: I am a Verizon Customer, not a Verizon Product
Hubrisnxs
Legend

For others that are interested, you can opt out of many of things by going to the following link.

http://www22.verizon.com/privacy/?CMP=DMC-CV090332

0 Likes