No Dial Tone
kizby
Enthusiast - Level 2

No dial tone out side at the box. Used the support on line support chat - couldn't be fixed so technician called. This has been going on for 5 days (and the support folks have been great. My question is - this seems to be happening a lot based on the messages on here. What is going on and what can be done to sort it out quickly.

Working fine last night, but dead this morning 😞

0 Likes
Re: No Dial Tone
PNOPHONE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, my problems started a MONTH ago - As of yesterday, not only do I have NO INTERNET, but now NO DIAL TONE -

Very, very frustrating - have had techs in for the 4th time and no one can fix it - In the meantime, I have a family member with a Heart condition that I cannot receive calls from -  VERIZON - YOU ARE VERY BAD - Shame on you for letting all these problems go on for WEEKS AND WEEKS -

You should be ashamed -

The proof of your success, however, is only as good as your PEOPLE -

YOU HAVE MUCH NEED FOR IMPROVEMENT - IN this world of fast, digital and satellite communications , I DON"T EVEN HAVE A ACTIVE VERIZON LAND-LINE -

SoHappy2

I know exactly how you feel. Since May, my service has been on/off. We only have a landline and so when we pick up and don't hear a dial tone it becomes a major issue. The bigger problem that we have is when we tell Verizon that there is no dial tone coming from the main box, they tell us it will take over 10 days for service to come!  This has happened 3-4 times since May. First they blamed it on Memorial Day, then it was a storm, then they just said that they know the wires are bad and are waiting for FIOS to come. We have both little children and elderly parents, and we find it very irresponsible of Verizon to treat us like so poorly. Now I have to wait until July 23rd for service! Does anyone hae any ideas of how to deal with this company?

0 Likes
creighon1

I have not had service for over 24 hours and every tiem I call i am on hold for 20 minutes ...tried emailing it never gets sent..keeps sending me back to same page...Verizon is nto at all helpful!!!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@PNOPHONE wrote:

Well, my problems started a MONTH ago - As of yesterday, not only do I have NO INTERNET, but now NO DIAL TONE -

Very, very frustrating - have had techs in for the 4th time and no one can fix it - In the meantime, I have a family member with a Heart condition that I cannot receive calls from -  VERIZON - YOU ARE VERY BAD - Shame on you for letting all these problems go on for WEEKS AND WEEKS -

You should be ashamed -

The proof of your success, however, is only as good as your PEOPLE -

YOU HAVE MUCH NEED FOR IMPROVEMENT - IN this world of fast, digital and satellite communications , I DON"T EVEN HAVE A ACTIVE VERIZON LAND-LINE -

PNOPHONE, Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@creighon1 wrote:

I have not had service for over 24 hours and every tiem I call i am on hold for 20 minutes ...tried emailing it never gets sent..keeps sending me back to same page...Verizon is nto at all helpful!!!

Creighon1, we haven't received a form or hear back from you as well. Should you need further help please repost so we can assist further.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

sometimes if you have trouble getting through, you can use the online in home agent to troubleshoot and create a ticket if neccessary.   so try www.verizon.com/repair and click 

No Dial Tone
0 Likes