Number port FiOS Digital Voice to Ooma
tsh_138
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I've been trying to port my two lines from Verizon to Ooma for a few months now and finally at what I hope to be the last hurdle on completing it.  The problem is that the port of the second number is being denied.  I was provided the explanation, "The phone number is working, but the local service provider (LSP) doesn't have the phone number in an assigned status therefore we are not able to port out.  Please have [End-User] reach out to the LSP and get the phone number in the correct status so we can port."  I believe this is from the third party which serves as intermediary in the whole porting process as the text was quoted in Ooma's email to me.

I contacted Verizon and, as it turns out was forwarded to sale, they confirmed that there was no block on that number and guided me to contact the other company for resolution.  Well, considering that the problem is being encountered by the third party Ooma cannot do anything to resolve the issue as they can only resolve issues in transitioning the number from the intermediary party to them, not from Verizon to the intermidiary party.

I had issues porting from Vonage to Verizon previously and in the end it turned out to be Verizon's employees were jumping to conclusions that the port didn't go through, even though it had, and canceling everything out and sending it all back to Vonage without contacting me directly.   Finally, one of them got a clue and called me and I was able to confirm all was good and they just needed to finalize it.  So this wouldn't be the first time I've experienced porting issues attributable to Verizon....just hoping it to get it resolved in less than 8 months or so.

So, has anyone run into this issue before?  If so, who do I need to speek to at Verizon that will have any clue about what the problem is and how to resolve it?

0 Likes
Re: Number port FiOS Digital Voice to Ooma
tsh_138
Enthusiast - Level 2
On a follow-up call to Verizon I was again forwarded to sales and spoke to a Mr. Patterson. After some discussion and him putting me on hold a few times he explained that since I am not looking to order services he cannot write a work order for my issue, similarly he noted that win-back was not an option since I was taking business away and finally he said there was a department that could be of assistance; however, there was no method for putting me in contact with that department and guided me to direct Ooma to direct the intermediary party to contact Verizon's National Markets Center. He also noted that part of the problem is that one, or more, of the departments does not want to work with me because I am taking my business elsewhere. If there is any truth to this Verizon needs to address it internally as such unprofessional behavior only furthers the already negative experiences I have sure in doing business with Verizon and ultimately will result in me taking my business elsewhere. Granted one customer is small beans, but if one customer has such experiences others most likely are having similar experiences which would compound over time.
0 Likes