Phone and DSL service down
ryanhromadka

Hello, my Verizon DSL and phone went down 2 evenings ago.  The DSL light on the modem is just constantly blinking, and my phone says 'Line in Use', with no dial tone.  I've tried resetting the DSL modem and checking all my connections.  I did a test on your website and it says 'We have detected an outage in your area'.  Underneath that it says 'Verizon is commited to resolving this problem by: EST'.  So, there isn't actually a date and time listed of when this would get resolved.  I guess I am just trying to expedite things or find out if there is for sure an outage in my area and when it might get resolved.  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone and DSL service down
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

You should call Verizon Support at 1-800-verizon

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

You should call Verizon Support at 1-800-verizon

0 Likes
ryanhromadka

Ugh.  Anyone else near Austin, Texas area also experiencing this outage?  This is the 4th day we have had no phone / dsl.  I called 2 days ago and they said it would be fixed by 6pm that day.  Nope.  Yesterday, I called and left a contact number for them to let me know when the problem is fixed.  They called me at 2pm saying the problem had been fixed.  Nope, lies.  I call today and again they say it will be fixed by 6pm today.  I'm a web developer and I need my internet!  On top of all of this crazy outage and terrible customer service, our phone mysteriously called 911 TWICE 2 nights ago @ 11:30 PM at night.  3 cops showed up banging on my door and would not believe me until I let them pick up the phone and realize there was no dial tone therefore impossible for anyone to call 911 from our number.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@ryanhromadka wrote:

@Ugh.  Anyone else near Austin, Texas area also experiencing this outage?  This is the 4th day we have had no phone / dsl.  I called 2 days ago and they said it would be fixed by 6pm that day.  Nope.  Yesterday, I called and left a contact number for them to let me know when the problem is fixed.  They called me at 2pm saying the problem had been fixed.  Nope, lies.  I call today and again they say it will be fixed by 6pm today.  I'm a web developer and I need my internet!  On top of all of this crazy outage and terrible customer service, our phone mysteriously called 911 TWICE 2 nights ago @ 11:30 PM at night.  3 cops showed up banging on my door and would not believe me until I let them pick up the phone and realize there was no dial tone therefore impossible for anyone to call 911 from our number.

0 Likes
ryanhromadka

This is unacceptable.  Nobody contacted me.  And we have been down for 1 week now.  Unbelievable.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We have recived word that the issue has been resolved, are you still having problems ^MMP

0 Likes
ryanhromadka

Nope, still down.  *sigh*

0 Likes
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Last night we were advised that some equipment was destroyed by an automobile accident and that the issue may still be ongoing, we apoligize for the trouble.Please keep us posted ^MMP

0 Likes
ryanhromadka

Yes, I'm aware of the car accident and the damaged equipment, I actually know the spot where it happened.  It's 3 blocks down the street from our house, I've seen crews working there under a white tent.  It's unfortunate that someone had to crash their car into your equipment, but I've waited 2 weeks now without phone or internet.  I'm going to call Time Warner Cable today and switch over to them.

0 Likes
ryanhromadka

We are on day 18 of this outage now.  This has got to be some kind of joke that is being played on me and my family.  Can I get phone and internet service, please?  Also, you guys just sent me a bill, there is no automatic deduction for the outage on that bill as you said there would be, it's full price.  What am I being billed for?  I have no service.

0 Likes