Phone book and speed dial
green-angel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to program the speed dial using my phone book?

0 Likes
Re: Phone book and speed dial
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry but there is no way to set it up from your address book. Thats a great idea though! This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion.  http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
green-angel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anthony_VZ: Thanks for the info: I have added my vote in the Idea Exchange section.

BTW, there is an "address book" in Verizon email and a "phone book" in FiOS Digital Voice Account Manager. Why does Verizon have two?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Because there are separate interfaces completely. On the email side you can only send emails to people in the contact list. On the FiOS Digital Voice Account Manager you can only call people in that contact list. Even though there are extra fields for other contact methods, they are simply there for people to fill in for extra information to create a "digital rolodex".

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

I have a multiple problem with this "Phone Book".  First, according to the users manual I should be able to sync my "Outlook" Contacts & Calendar by clicking on the "Synchronize Phone Book” tab in "Phone Book and clicking on "Synchronize Calendar” tab in Calendar.  These 'links' are supposed to enable me to download a sync tool that enables me to sync with Outlook. Except These Tabs are no where to be found in either location. My only option is "Import" which uses a CSV format.  Which is a great deal less useful than synchronizing and requires great deal more maintenance and as for the calendar useless.

Other problems are directly related to the design of the "Phone Book".  For example:There is NO field for 'Company Name'  which requires it to be put in the First OR Last Name Fields.  If you put it in the 'Last Name' field in order to sort contacts by last name you will get a error message stating that  "Mandatory information is missing" due to the fact that the "Phone Book" has made "First Name" a 'Required' field. Unbelievable! Does Verizon think that it's customers use their phones only to call close personal friends.

Lastly it appears that you can only move contacts one at a time into "groups".  I hope I am wrong and that I' missing something, but I haven't found anyway of selecting multiple contacts and moving them.

I really hope that I'm just not doing something right.  I hate to think that this is what a major communication provider has put together.

0 Likes
VABill

I concur on this problem, that the names are sorted in the phone book by First Name only.  This needs to be fixed to be able to sort on Last name, the way real people do.  Please fix this Verizon.

0 Likes