Switching copper land line service to fiber optic
Brihermis

My elderly parents received a phone call from "Verizon," saying they needed to make an appointment to change their phone box.  Said someone would need to be home, it would take about 4 hours, the copper would be removed, and they could decide whether they wanted the 2nd box in the house or garage.  It sounds like the fiber optic hookup I have with FIOS (they don't have a computer and their cable service is not with Verizon).  Does anyone know if Verizon is switching out all old copper phone lines?  They are understandably leery of this unsolicited effort to gain access to their home.

0 Likes
Re: Switching copper land line service to fiber optic - Tried The Source?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Brihermis wrote:

My elderly parents received a phone call from "Verizon," saying they needed to make an appointment to change their phone box ... Does anyone know if Verizon is switching out all old copper phone lines? ...

This is of course a peer-to-peer forum, and I'm sure you are aware of that folks here are not privy to changing Verizon practices and policies.  Have you first asked this question of Verizon directly and been unable to obtain satisfaction?  Best regards.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Eliminating Problematic Lines to Reduce Cost

Kinda looks like a goal to me, to get rid of copper and replace with fiber.   
0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@Hubrisnxs wrote:
Eliminating Problematic Lines to Reduce Cost

Kinda looks like a goal to me, to get rid of copper and replace with fiber.   

In my area the sent out letters to all customers, not just DSL customer but simple phone customers, saying they want them to switch to fiber.  Not sure if that Means the regular FIOS ONT installs or something cheaper.

0 Likes