Temporary Identification Code
Frustated1

We have been attempting to gain "full" online access to our account for over three weeks and been stymied at every turn. For some ridiculous and totally idiotic reason, people NOW have to get a  Secret Code  that can only be sent to your voicemail or via the USPS. We don't have voicemail so that means we MUST get it by mail? But, after requesting a code be sent to us by mail on numerous occasions we have gotten NOTHING. That is, until yesterday. But... there is a new problem now! When we entered the temporary identification code that came in the mail an error message is displayed saying the code doesn't match Verizon's records.

To "PROTECT" us, Verizon refuses to give us the code over the phone, or by email. Nevermind that we are asked fifty security questions to prove we are who we claim to be whenever we call Verizon. That evidently isn't enough "protection" for us? Protection from what? From gaining full access to the MyVerizon website?

So, what is my question?

I guess I'd appreciate getting information on who I can call at Verizon who doesn't say "I'm sorry. That's Just the way it is."

Perhaps the private phone number of Verizon's CEO or even the phone number for a janitor who might be able to actually HELP a customer???

I understand that companies have rules and procedures. But we have tried over and over again to follow the procedures and haven't gotten anywhere.

I've not been able to figure out why I ever switched from Comcast VOIP to Verizon. The complete lack of Verizon Customer Service is far beyond anything I've ever experienced. All I want is to be able to view my bill online. I don't even care if the whole world can see my bill. It's NOT a top-secret classified document...

Signed:

Frustrated

0 Likes
Re: Temporary Identification Code
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frustrated,

Sorry you are having difficulty gaining access to your account online. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
naamot

Having the same issue here... sure would be great if I could actually see my bill since you don't mail them to me... 

You'd think that this wouldn't be an ongoing problem for so many people that never actually gets fully resolved. 

Please fix this ASAP as I think there is something in my terms of service that you're required to show me a bill before you can seek payment for services... So I'm just going to cancel my autopays from the bank, because I recently dropped my Fios service and should be oweing anything at this time.. so I'd really like to see why it is you think I owe money.

Not to mention that this is a violation reportable to both the FCC and the Consumer Protection Agency. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi naamot,

Sorry you are having difficulty viewing your bill online. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
HOWTOSEEMYBILL

How on earth do I get a temporary Identification code. I read the whole disclaimer that says FCC requires Verizon to confirm our identity etc... but did not need it as long as I was with verizon. I discconnected FIOS, and I get my bill and I look to see my bill details and I am asked to get a temporary identification code... I have been trying to get one either via email or phone... but every time I get the freaking message that it TIC is not available and to please try again later or the website just goes into a white blank page and nothing happens. I will not pay my bill until I see the details... could someone tell me if there is any other way of getting the code... as I keep getting the please try again later option when I try to do it online...

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi HOWTOSEEMYBILL,

Sorry you are having difficulty accessing your bill online. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
khflynn00

I too have the exact same problem, it won't even let me request  the temporary identification code via mail. It appears this is the only way to get their attention, so please verizon support, have someone call me, email me, whatever, I need my bill or else my wife will not be able to telework and lose her job.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi khflynn00,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
cathieman

When I needed a temporary identification code and could not use my email, they telephoned me and gave me the code over the phone.

0 Likes
joe3180

I have the same problem for the past month...and this is not the first time this happened. Even though it says you only have to do this once that is not true. I have had to do it atleast 2 times if not 3 now. Each time It wont let me choose any option and it takes me calling in 5+ times before I find anyone that has a clue what im talking about. Right now im on day15 of my quest to get past the screen and im 6 people in....right now im on the phone with someone who actully knows what im talking about and yet again they are having an error....sad...

0 Likes