Re: Caller assistant Does not work
MACE

Update:

I spoke with Dragan at VCA Customer Care...retrieval of Voice Mail msgs via Internet VCA is not available in all of NY, and for me, specifically in Westchester county, out of my local serving switch/CLLI code...no ETA 

He did however open a trouble ticket and sent it into Voice Mail Support to verify this via their switch...there is no communication between my voice mail box and their web servers at the moment, to allow me to get my VM msgs via the internet

0 Likes
Re: VERIZON CALL ASSISTANT - WINDOWS 7
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

If you had it working before on another computer and you successfully logged into www.verizon.com/callassistant to download it again when you get the message to calll your office, I would try calling the VCA Help Desk at 1-888-483-5156.  They are dedicated to supporting VCA so should be able to help you through the reinstallation process.

0 Likes
Re: Call Assistant Not yet available on Long Island?
JDHouser

I live in Nassau County and have been trying to figure this out since my FIOS triple bundle install on 01/13/2010.  I successfully installed the VCA software on my desktop, successfully set up and activated my VCA account, and I can retrieve VM messages via telephone, but every time I try to retrieve my messages using the www.verizon.com/callassistant web site, I end up with an error message.  The web page indicates that my VCA passcode is not set, which (of course) it is.  When I attempt to enter and save the passcode, I receive an error message directing me to contact Verizon at a toll free number.  I finally spoke with someone at Verizon on 01/21/2010, and I was informed that VCA is not yet available on Long Island.

It is almost inconceivable to me that Verizon doesn't have this basic capability operational at this point in time.  I switched to Verizon from telephone service provided by my cable company, and in truth, the voice mail functions provided by the cable company were far superior (not to mention, functional).  Beyond that, Verizon should at least indicate somewhere on one of its many confusing web pages, that VCA service in not available on Long Island, even though it is activated and appears on account statements for customers on Long Island.

0 Likes
Re: Call Assistant Not yet available on Long Island?
MACE

Same thing for Westchester.

With STB at 1.7, you get VCA to work on your TV and will get emails with the CallerID BUT you can not retrieve VoiceMail Msgs over the WEB...no eta

I had VZ open a trouble ticket into their switch (check my local serving switch settings) to check on VoiceMail retrieval about two weeks ago and was told...NOT AVAILABLE...NO ETA

0 Likes
VCA for MAC ETA
checkyourmirror

I saw that an update for VCA Windows was released recently and the VCA Home Page has "New Enhanced VCA Features Coming Soon!" and the coming soon statement has been around for awhile. Any clue when coming soon will be actually here and we'll get MAC support?

0 Likes
Re: Has ANYBODY ever managed to sign up online for call Assistant??
synandlid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've followed the path of many on this forum to try to get the Verizon Call Assistant pc client.  I've used the Verizon In-Home-Agent, chatted with a customer service rep, talked to 2 customer services reps all to no avail.

Following the suggestion in another post to call the VCA hotline at (888) 483-5156, I spoke with yet another customer service rep who told me that it is not possible to get the Verizon Call Assistant when you have the Fios Digital Voice telephone service as I do.

Many of the features of the Verizon Call Assistant are part of the Fios Digital Voice telephone service, but the pop-up caller ID on your computer is not. 

Has anyone else heard of this restriction?

0 Likes
SSmith10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, do you know if possible to delete calls in the call log when you have Fios Digital Voice telephone service?  Thanks!

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@SSmith10 wrote:

Hello, do you know if possible to delete calls in the call log when you have Fios Digital Voice telephone service?  Thanks!

yes you can

SSmith10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!  I appreicate your help.  How is it done? 

0 Likes