Verizon Call Assistant enrollment and feature interactions
sds99

I have several questions about the Verizon Call Assistant, which are not covered by the online documentation.  Does anyone happen to know the answers?

1) I have two residential telephone lines/numbers on my account.  How would I enroll the secondary telephone line in Verizon Call Assistant.  The online enrollment automatically fills in number of my primary telephone line and does not allow this to be changed.

2) What if the enrolled telephone line does not subscribe to the caller ID feature (i.e., the feature that displays the caller information on a physical caller ID box)... will the caller ID aspect of Verizon Call Assistant for the call logs and pop-up notifications still work?  I did not see any requirement in the Verizon Call Assistant documentation for the telephone line to subscribe to the caller ID feature.

3) What if the enrolled telephone line does not subscribe to Verizon voicemail and does not subscribe to call forward busy/don't answer feature and does not subscribe to call waiting, so that callers will encounter a busy signal if the line is engaged... will the calling number still be listed in the Verizon Call Assistant incoming call logs and pop-up notification?

4) What if the enrolled telephone line does not subscribe to Verizon voicemail and does not subscribe to call waiting but does subscribe to the call forward busy/don't answer feature, so that callers will be forwarded to a different number if the telephone number enrolled in Verizon Call Assistant is busy...will the calling number still be listed in the Verizon Call Assistant incoming call logs and pop-up notification?

5) does enrolling in Verizon Call Assistant get processed as a service order within Verizon?  There was once an problem on the features on my line, and because of the way Verizon had to fix the problem, they warned me that any service order in the future for any feature could cause the problem to come back.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Call Assistant enrollment and feature interactions
Justin46
Legend

There are some new features coming, here is a link:

https://www36.verizon.com/CallAssistant/MyAccount/members/comingsoon.aspx

One appears to address your first question.

Re: Your fifth question. I think the answer is yes, I received one of Verizon's form letters documenting the addition of the service, and the price (free - I am keeping the letter in case they decide to try to charge me later, at least maybe I will have something to fall back on).

Sorry, I have no idea on your other questions.

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

From what I've been told:

1) Right now, online ordering doesn't seem to be working just right when there is more than 1 telephone number on your My Verizon account.  You can try calling your billing office to see if they can add it manually.

2) if you don't have caller-id,  you won't get the pop-ups or see the numbers in the log.  I believe it is the caller id that triggers the pop-up

3) I don't believe you'll see the caller-id for the missed call when the phone is busy.  The way I think about it is, call 1 comes in, you get call 1 info, call 2 tries to come in but gets blocked because it doesn't 'complete'

4) same logic in 3 but since the call get's completed, you should see it in your list of calls.  Not 100% certain on this one

5) yes, it is a service order because you have to agree to terms of service and an order get's created which is why we have to wait for that email for the service to get added.  There probably are some 'features' that may not be compatible with other features.  I don't know if that is what they were talking about but at least you knew what the old problem was so you should be able to help them figure out the problem this time if it does.

Hope this helps

0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2
For those of using wide screen monitors; If your display setting is set to 120DPI, you will see the right side of the box cut off when you open call assistant. Hopefully the programmers will fix this bug with an update.
0 Likes