Voice Mail Won't Take Caller's Message
Nogames52
Enthusiast - Level 2

For at least 6 months I've had an intermittent problem with Verizon voice mail on my landline phone.  I've negotiated the telephone maze to try to get it fixed with tech support but the problem still persists.  Intermittently when callers reach me and get my voice mail, they hear the message that I would hear if I were calling to get my messages.  They hear the system message "enter a mailbox number ..." which of course is the wrong message. They don't hear my message in my voice about leaving a message. I'm told by tech support/repair that they will fix it and to call back in a day or so if it's not fixed.  I've been on the phone with tech support who will try to call me and get 10 instances when they get my recorded message about  leaving a message.  Then before the end of the day somebody reaches me to say they were unable to leave me a message.  The problem is intermittent.  There is no pattern to when the wrong system message is heard by callers.  I don't know that it's not working until a caller let's me know that they could not leave a message (e.g.., "please enter a mailbox number".  I'm at my whits end because Verizon can't fix this.  I'm about to get an answering machine and be done with Verizon voice mail.  I don't even have anyone who I can talk to consistently about this problem and get it fixed.  How can I get this resolved?????

0 Likes
Re: Voice Mail Won't Take Caller's Message
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Nogames52,

We haven't heard from you on your Private Support case, regarding your voicemail troubles. We hope you received a satisfactory resolution from our Internal tech that work on your case.

As always, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes
Nogames52
Enthusiast - Level 2

The technician tested the voice mail and found no problem.  That's exactly what continues to happen.  The problem is intermittent.  The technician told me essentially I would have to put up with it until somebody (Verizon?) catches the problem, realizes there is a problem and fixes it.  I believe he said something is bouncing and it just does that.  Too much tech speak for me.  The tech also said that it was a technical matter and there are technical glitches all of the time.  So essentially what I go away with is nothing more than I have experienced these last 6 months.  The voice mail is unreliable. It has glitches.  This is just how it is. And yes it occurred again this morning.  Verizon can't fix this problem and it has not done so over the last 6 months.  Why should now be any different.  I'm going to get an answering machine and dump Verizon voice mail since this is the best Verizon can do for all the money it charges.  This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nogames52,

Please reply to the Private Support Case that was opened for you.  Support Agents may not see your responses on this thread.

0 Likes