Voicemail indication
Nicole381

We bought a new home phone yesterday, a basic cordless phone with built in answering machine. There is an icon showing on the phone indicating we have a voicemail. When I log into our Verizon account, there is no voicemail there. When I call into the voicemail box, there is no voicemail there. I cannot get that voicemail indication icon to go away. It's driving me nuts. I have tried everything! I did exactly what the manual said to do to remove it. Still there. I actually called from my cell phone and left a voicemail hoping that would clear it out. Still there. Unplugged the phone, popped the battery. You name it. I did it. I am out of ideas. I don't know if it's the phone itself or a Verizon glitch. I am open to any suggestions anyone may have. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail indication
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Nicole381 wrote:

We bought a ... cordless phone with built in answering machine. There is an icon showing on the phone indicating we have a voicemail. When I log into our Verizon account, there is no voicemail there ...

If you have no voicemail on the Verizon sever, is it possible that the indicator on your device is referring only to the device itself?  I.e., is there a bogus message on the handset?

0 Likes