Why is Fios Call Blocking not Blocking incoming Calls from Georgia
tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

I keep getting a major SCAM computer company that keeps calling me wanting to get into my computer they say I have a computer virus.   I have that particular number blocked on my fios on my dvr box.

It keep saying this number is blocked already.  In the mean time I keep getting these calls from the same company with the same phone number that I have put on my blocked phone call list.

Why Is This Not Working?

These calls should not be coming thru!

I Need Help ASAP!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is Fios Call Blocking not Blocking incoming Calls from Georgia
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried the web based FiOS Digital Voice management page?  You can review the callerID of incoming calls and add them directly to the block list.  This avoids any typos.

Another suggestion is to use nomorobo.com.  This free service zaps most telemarketers.  It works well with FiOS Digital Voice.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried the web based FiOS Digital Voice management page?  You can review the callerID of incoming calls and add them directly to the block list.  This avoids any typos.

Another suggestion is to use nomorobo.com.  This free service zaps most telemarketers.  It works well with FiOS Digital Voice.

Good Luck.

tiara320
Contributor - Level 2

I tried doing that but they say you cannot use call blocking and individual call blocking simutanously  with caller ID notifications. You have to delete Caller ID Notifications.  That deletes the purpose of what phone number is trying to call you.

For the money we pay I think this is ridiculous.  And also they only allow 10 numbers to be blocked on a permanent  basis.

I think Verizon should look into accomodating the customers especially in todays world of Phone Scams preying on the Seniors. It's getting out of hand and very stressful on the Senior Citizens.

Any Other ideas or fixes that you know of please let me know.

Thanks for your support and help it is very much appreciated!

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

set up Do Not Disturb, but that is only max. 10 numbers  incoming  

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I tried doing that but they say you cannot use call blocking and individual call blocking simutanously  with caller ID notifications.

Looks like you found the problem.  I've never use the STB to manage calling features, I'm guessing that the STB interface doesn't flag this problem.  That would explain why you can't get call block setup through the STB to "stick."

If your primary concern is telemarketers and scammers, you should really look into nomorobo.com.  It's free and it works.

Good Luck.

0 Likes