nomorobo
earthling110
Enthusiast - Level 1

Comcast and Time Warner now offer nomorobo to block robocalls, when will Verizon also offer this free service to your customers>

Re: nomorobo
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nomorobo requires simultaneous ring to operate.  This is readily available on VoIP based services including most cable providers.  Verizon FiOS Digital Voice also supports simultaneous ring and is supported by Nomorobo.

Verizon's traditional copper landline service does not support simultaneous ring.  I doubt other copper landline service providers offer it either due to technical and regulatory legacy reasons.

Your best option is to switch to FiOS Digital Voice or another VoIP phone provider.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@earthling110 wrote:

Comcast and Time Warner now offer nomorobo to block robocalls, when will Verizon also offer this free service to your customers>

I have been using NOMOROBO for several months now on FiOS Digital Voice, seems to work very well. It is easy to tell when it intercepts a call, the phone rings once and then peace and quiet returns immediately, and no messages to delete. Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

what is NOMOROBO ? please tell me.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@manhattanNYC wrote:

what is NOMOROBO ? please tell me.

It is a tool to block robo calls. Just Google it, you will find links to the NOMOROBO site itself and news articles, etc.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

to Justin, thanks.

0 Likes
MrMrK
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's a very easy to use web-based solution; It recently won the FCC award. It does require that your phone service have a simultaneous ring facility (Digital Voice does)! I've used it only for a few days and it seems pretty effective. Users might find that some calls manage to sneak through but the NOMOREROBO website permits users to report those.

Once added to their database I suspect that those new robodialer numbers will also be blocked effectively.  I strongly recommend it if only because Verizon's current call blocker service in very limited (you can only block 10 numbers!) and it is so easily defeated by the more sophisticated technology being employed by these ROBO operations.

0 Likes
Nomorobo
tomb6116
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on the Do Not Call List but still received numerous telemarketing calls until I signed up with Nomorobo.  It's a wonderful tool in eliminating those calls from telemarketers who choose to ignore the Do Not Call List. 

0 Likes
Re: Nomorobo
PJL
Master - Level 3

I agree, and I've actually added bogus caller ID numbers to the Nomorobo data base (via the control panel in your account) and those have also stopped.

0 Likes
mj110

Nomorobo works when nothing else would.  Easy to set up online and its free!  Its great to have my phone back again.  No more annoying telemarketers and spoofed calls.  Tell your friends!

Verizon really should offer this as a free service to all its customers.

0 Likes