$110 installation charge?
jen2004
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,  I had fios phone and internet put in back on 8-14-08.  I looked online at my bill today and it said that I owe $206.  The phone is $132.  I don't remember reading anywhere that they were going to charge me for installation, and no on told me about it either.  Does anybody know where they have posted the price?  My order summary when I ordered online, says under Services/ One-time fee:

Phone Unlimited Long Distance/Included, Internet Wireless Router/Included, Activation Fee/29.99, Professional Installation/Included.

Message Edited by jen2004 on 09-09-2008 04:43 PM
0 Likes
Re: $110 installation charge?
Arshak999
Yea same here. Not once did the the sales person or the installation tech tell me that installing a phone jack in my house (by that I mean drilling 2 holes in my hardwood floor) was going to cost me $110. I called verizon about this and was told that this was not a mistake. Apperently free "proffesional installation" refers only to cable jacks.
0 Likes
Re: $110 installation charge?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
That is correct. The installation of a telephone jack is about $14 for wire $4 for a jack and the rest is labor. It is not included in a Fios installation.
0 Likes