2 lines no Caller ID or Digital Voice Access on TV
ALarryR
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently switch from Freedom Essentials to Digital Voice in New York.  I also added a seocnd Digital Voice line.  With this configuration I no longer see Caller ID information on my TV nor can I access the Digital Voice menu on the TV.  when I called Technical Support I was told that with two phone lines these features do not work, sorry.

Can anyone else confirm that this is the case?  Verizon, will this be changed in the future?  Why wasn't I told when I ordered that these features will no longer be available?

Larry

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 2 lines no Caller ID or Digital Voice Access on TV
ALarryR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Travis, whatever you did worked.  It is working as of today.

Many thanks.
Larry

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Larry! I do not *believe* this is in fact true. I've sent you a PM so I can get your account info and then I can tell you for sure what the story is. I know caller ID DEFINITELY works with the Fios digital voice product, and I see no reason why the number of phone lines you have would make a difference, unless you're using distinctive ring. Those features are incompatible due to backend issues. Is that the case?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Thanks Travis. You must work all the time. Or a bell goes off when we drop something in that box.Smiley Wink

That bites. I don't know how you would tell which line it was without distintive ring. Have that option disabled and get phones that can have different ring tones selected for the phones on the second line.

0 Likes
ALarryR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Travis, as far as I know I am not using distinctive ring on either phone line.
What can I check further?
Thank you for your support.

0 Likes
Travis_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

I've escalated it, and it is being looked into.

0 Likes
ALarryR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Travis, whatever you did worked.  It is working as of today.

Many thanks.
Larry

0 Likes