Switch Account

2nd Phone Line Project

2nd Phone Line Project

Highlighted
Copper Contributor DCPhil
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(1,631 Views)

Looking to add an additional line to the one that exists in my apartment.  It is my understanding that  one can do the set up to avoid the $100 verizon wiring fee.  Not sure if I can simply replace on existing jack with a two line jack or would a splitter work.  Hoping for a reply from someone whose actually done this.  Hoping for an informed response

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 5
(1,556 Views)
Hello DCPhil,

I sent you a private message with information.

Thanks,

Shamika_Vz Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

Highlighted
Contributor RGL140
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(990 Views)

Would it be possible to obtain a copy of that information too ? Thx

Highlighted
Contributor WAHHelp
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(906 Views)

I have Fios Digital Voice and I work from home and my employer requires the POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) line to be used for work. Is it possible for me to have the Fios Digital Voice line as well as the POTS or even just convert the Fios Digital Voice to the POTS. I like the Fios but I need the POTS. I would like to have both. Is this possible and if so please advise on how to setup. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Highlighted
Contributor Jerrycee11
Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(679 Views)

Dear Shamika_VZ,

I also had a 2nd line installed in my apartment, but the installer put both lines into one wire and I need to have them seperated.  Could you send me the instructions on how to do this as you did to  DCPhil previously.

Thank you,

Jerry

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.