2nd phone line connection at ONT
samandted
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems that this should be easy... I just added a second phone line. I cannot figure out how the lines at the ONT are supposed to be connected at the ONT.  right now, both phone lines come to the ONT ,  Both White lines are linked with a clear/red plastic caps and then one orange and one blue connect them to the T and R in the ONT.  That leaves the orange and blue from BOTH phone lines unconnected to anything... Am I supposed to go buy the clear/red plastic caps to link both Orange and Blue together before inserting into the T and R on the second ONT location?  can someone tell me what to do here?  Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Re: 2nd phone line connection at ONT
samandted
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now I am thinking that this verizon tech should have done this part... Why didnt the Verizon tech do this part?   The tech said he would charge me for work INSIDE the house... this is outside...

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@samandted wrote:

Now I am thinking that this verizon tech should have done this part... Why didnt the Verizon tech do this part?   The tech said he would charge me for work INSIDE the house... this is outside...

I'm going to have to agree; that should have been completed by the tech. I would call Verizon and get them to send someone back out.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Technically they normally consider anything past the Ont  on the home owners side as inside the house.

Rather surprised at the odd phone wiring shown.  Is the line 1 already handling a two line phone?  Most phone wiring these days is ended with a simple moduler plug (rj11).  This is then plugged into the line 2 possition at the ONT if each phone is a single line. 

0 Likes
samandted
Enthusiast - Level 2

SO according to the Local Manager /FiOS technician, their job stops at the ONT and Verizon would NOT be required to attach the phone lines since that is not regulated... I can have the choice of vendors do this part, or do it myself... 

Here is the Managers answer re: wiring configuration:

" In the picture below, the termination listed for line 2 is where you would connect your wires or we can come back out and install the second line inside your house at our fixed fee rate. It also appears to me in the picture below that your existing jacks for your first line are wired with split pairs by the builder so that would also have to be fixed with adding a second line, if not you could get cross talk between the two lines."

0 Likes