411 service no one wants
screename1

I keep getting charged for Directory Assistance calls I can guarantee no one ever made. Some months there are no fees; other months it can run upwards of 4+. Verizon was happy to credit the fees 1st time I noticed them but told me it was a one-time courtesy. How do I prevent these charges from appearing on my bill or get ongoing credits since they appear with astonishing regularity? As background, this is an old landline no one uses. After the last 411 charge, I disconnected all the phones and just left one hidden that I only have access to. Verizon refuses to provide me with info on owners of numbers requested and customer service basically just blows me off. I have been a customer for over 20 years and this needs to be fixed. What is this the 1990s where 411 is a paid service you can't turn off?  That is like saying we can't turn off HBO so don't switch to that channel or you will be charged. I am currently seeing if Comcast does the same thing with their 411 service. They do offer a pretty sweet deal if I switch.  

0 Likes
Re: 411 service no one wants
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi screename,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes