6? Days no phone, repair ticket status inaccesable. Can't find chat options
BobHoward

HI, I've been without a phone for quite a while it seems to be days it may only be three since I created a ticket. I think it took a few days to find how to create a ticket.

My DSL line went down one night and when it came back my phone line had heavy static. White noise type, not crackling. My DSL is allright now as you can see. I've tried three phones, there is only one connection here. Right now I'm connected with an old rotary tabletop I dug up. Nothing but swishhhh.

The only thing I haven't tried is a new DSL filter. It looks like another week to get one delivered off AMAZON, the office supply places don't stock them and Radio shack is out of business.

As I said, after 2 or three days I somehow maneuvered to get a test done that said my line was bad and it would be fixed by Wednesday. Absolutely terrible support web app. Please don't send us to the phillapine call centers, this is bad enough. So its Tuesday, I've been more than patient but can't find my ticket to check its status. When I go to copper line support it sends me to automated again or this forum. So Here I am. Dinga a Ling, Ding a Ling... Nobody is home. Leave a message.

Edit, I've looked at other automated responses and it refers peopl to their profile page. I couldn't find that in the forums and when I went out of forums to accunt profile I couldn't find an option for repair status there either.

Please be specific. I'm going round in circle that keep going to FIOS. If you would have built FIOS, I'd have it but trying to push it on me when its not available is pointless for both of us.

0 Likes
Re: 6? Days no phone, repair ticket status inaccesable. Can't find chat options
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BobHoward,

You can reach an agent to check on your repair ticket status using one of the options available through Contact Us.

0 Likes
BobHoward

NO I cannot!

There are 63 links on that page. Each of those pages, in turn, link to dozens of pages. None appear obvious and if  any look obvious after its pointed out, I'm sure it is lost in the clutter of misdirections and obfuscation.

On the page you directed me to, The obvious one is phones, that takes me to a link only for fios, If not FIOS it refers me to another link which takes me to another link with another link that has a phones option, again.  Phones link this time gives me three options. 2 for fios and one for copper. I am copper DSL. When I go to the copper link I am again referred back to this link for this forum

Circles

If you have a precise link, that would have helped. Thank you for the reply anyhow.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Call 1-800-verizon

0 Likes
Repairman Cut My DSL Speed To 1.5 While Fixing Land Line
BobHoward

How do I create a ticket. exact link please. I have been hung up on by three agents in India. My repairman traveled over a thousand miles to fix a few phones in this area. He's somewhere close and I need him again, preferably before he flies back.

At 4pm I had 3.4 MBPS but no landline. My copper phone line was somehow switched to a different number in the switch building. At 630 My repairman got me voice but in the process cut my speed in half. He worked on the pole and actual telephone switch house.

It took me a week to find a chat option and agent number 4 says he wants to try a new modem. That will be another week. And then another to fly the repairman back from out West. 

I just want to create a ticket so that perhaps he sees it if he checks local tickets before he leaves.

0 Likes
Re: Repairman Cut My DSL Speed To 1.5 While Fixing Land Line
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BobHoward,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes