83 Year Old Lady without Telephone & Internet Again for 7 Days.
Hilda3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been without telephone and internet for 7 days.  I was without a telephone and internet for 30 days this past summer.  Made numerous calls to repair.  Verizon Community came to my rescue and I had service restored immediately. 

Everytime Verizon is in my neighborhood hooking someone to FIOS they disconnect my service.  Techinicans tell me it is inside my home.  This is not the problem.  Would someone please take care of this problem once and for all, leave my copper line alone and leave my service intact.   I have had this line since the 60's. 

Creating numerous repair tickets is useless.  Nothing gets accomplished.  I don't need to be without a telephone at the very least at 83 years old.  Can someone help again please.

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Re: 83 Year Old Lady without Telephone & Internet Again for 7 Days.
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hilda,

Due to no response, it seems like assistance is no longer required. Please feel free to make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Hilda

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Mitchell

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

why not switch the homeLandline phone to FiOs LINE , it is instalition  free,  you can keep the old plan with you, this is not FiOs Plan, , you just use the FiOs line, forget the 40 years cooper line,

Just same like my mother home phone, she can keep the LIFELINE service plan just $1.00 per month pluse the usage of the calls.   her phone line was use FiOs line,  no TV and Internet,   just the home phone line.

My mother is 90 years YOUNG

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@manhattanNYC wrote:

why not switch the homeLandline phone to FiOs LINE , it is instalition  free,  you can keep the old plan with you, this is not FiOs Plan, , you just use the FiOs line, forget the 40 years cooper line,

Just same like my mother home phone, she can keep the LIFELINE service plan just $1.00 per month pluse the usage of the calls.   her phone line was use FiOs line,  no TV and Internet,   just the home phone line.

My mother is 90 years YOUNG

Certainly something I would inquire about. FiOS is rock solid.

The only concern I think some people might have is with the Battery Backup. The battery should last around 8 hours and then recharge once power service is restored. For some, this may not be acceptable. Connecting the ONT up to a UPS, or perhaps even a home generator is often suggested in these cases, as this will allow the ONT to provide TV, Internet, and Phone until it falls back to battery, where it will then provide only phone. The fiber more often than not remains lit so long as the central office has power. Many POTS lines these days with DSL come out of Remote Terminals, which may have failing battery backups. Verizon does not always bring generators out to the RTs to keep service up and running.

0 Likes
ramsey76
Contributor - Level 1

One reason to keep a copper based line is powered from the Central Office .

In the case of power outage for older person I would prefer to a copper line than a Fiber line