911 Fee for Maryland is wrong on this month's billsed tose
Latte1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our 911 fee for July has increased to $1.25 according to Comptroller's Office in Maryland per phone line from $1.00. The new fee started in July 2019.  However. my charge this month for 911 was $7.50.  We only have 1 phone line.  I called Verizon billing, and they will get back to me August 29, when the next bill comes out. They don't have an answer now. Does anyone else in Maryland have this overcharging 911 fee problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 911 Fee for Maryland is wrong on this month's billsed tose
KCCustomerMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the same issue.  Instead of $1.25 it is $6.25.  After finally getting a service rep they indicated they would file a dispute.

I was also given instructions to file a claim on tax_support_verizion.telecom.verizon.com.

This does not seem to be a valid URL.  Is it suppose to be a email address?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Rcubed1

In addition, the details page on the back of the statement says that the fee (not the change) is going from $0.25/bill to $0.50/line/month. They are confused. My fee jumped from $1 to $5 for one line!

0 Likes
terpsoriolesfan

Our 911 fee increased from $1 in June to $5 in July.

0 Likes
Re: 911 Fee for Maryland is wrong on this month's bills
GoldieOldie1
Enthusiast - Level 1

fee billed at $5.00....this is ridiculous!

0 Likes
mmeisler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine went from $1.00

@Holly3 wrote:

Our 911 fee for July has increased to $1.25 according to Comptroller's Office in Maryland per phone line from $1.00. The new fee started in July 2019.  However. my charge this month for 911 was $7.50.  We only have 1 phone line.  I called Verizon billing, and they will get back to me August 29, when the next bill comes out. They don't have an answer now. Does anyone else in Maryland have this overcharging 911 fee problem?

to $6.25! 

0 Likes
javanut1

Mine did too so I called Verizon and they admitted there was an error, but only of $1.  This bill cover 2 months of a doubled fee.  It was $1 last month's bill, and should have gone to $2, but since it covered 2 months, should have gone to $4. However, this still does not account for the $1 I already paid last month so I'm still out $1.  She said the bill should go to $2 on the next bill.

0 Likes
Latte1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In Maryland the 911 fee increased from $1.00 to $1.25 starting in July 2019. So if you live in Maryland the rep gave you the wrong amount. The amount of $1.25 is for each phone line you have.

0 Likes
KCCustomerMD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having the same issue.  Instead of $1.25 it is $6.25.  After finally getting a service rep they indicated they would file a dispute.

I was also given instructions to file a claim on tax_support_verizion.telecom.verizon.com.

This does not seem to be a valid URL.  Is it suppose to be a email address?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It looks more like a web page URL

http://tax_support_verizon.telecom.verizon.com

i will see if it functions after i send this reply.

states cannot be found. 

0 Likes
Latte1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had called Verizon about this, and now I am seeing on the online billing I have a credit for the next month's bill of $6.25. I had been charged $7.50, and it should have been $1.25 so I'm getting a credit of $6.25. Each state has a different rate, and I am in Maryland. The rate increased from $1.00 to $1.25 begiining this July in Maryland.

Holly

PS  Report to Verizon billing so you get a credit on next month's bill.

0 Likes