Account Security
VaVzCustomer

I am having a security issue. You’d think of all things that would matter to Verizon. As if.

I’ve received at least three notices, the latest this morning, telling me that “call forwarding” has been activated on my landline account. Two things: 1) I don’t use my landline; don’t have a phone plugged in, though I was assigned a number by Verizon. 2) each of the notices refer to a landline number -- the same number each time -- that is not mine.

Given that, I figured at first that it was just a simple mistake. Yet I still called. Once I got through to someone, I was told that the email was probably intended for someone else and sent to me in error. But the representative said they’d investigate to be sure. At some point afterwards, in the midst of being far too swamped too notice or respond immediately, the person I’d talked to left me a voicemail and said that they were, in fact, concerned about a security issue and I should call back.

The voicemail had been lost for several days in a sea of robocalls. It’s amazing I found it at all: it came in from an “Unknown” number, not labeled as generated by Verizon. But the message itself appeared authentic. By the time I discovered it, I’d received a second identical notice from Verizon. I called back, barely keeping my sanity getting through a phone system that insists you “select” options that have nothing to do with your problem -- let alone any streamlined way to get you to security, which you’d think would be of paramount importance.  Once I finally got a human being, I was told, again, that it would be investigated and that someone would get back to me with the results.

That never happened and now, this morning, I have a third identical email. I tried to get through by phone and, once I finally got past the automated hell, was told there would be a 20-minute wait. Having no faith that I would get any help, I hung up. I will probably try again. I suppose I have no choice, but doubt it will accomplish anything.

Warning to Verizon: If my security is in any way being compromised while you are sitting on your hands and making it all but impossible to get real help, I will use every social media and other communications tool at my disposal to make sure potential future customers know it.

I should point that if I could find a link on the Verizon site to email or live chat (not that useless automated chat) with customer service, I wouldn’t be using this forum. But memo to Verizon and every other business: If you make it hard for customers to reach you, all the more chance that they’re going to air their troubles in public.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did Verizon do anything about it?

0 Likes
Re: Account Security
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi VaVzCustomer,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes