Added the FIOS Phone service bundle
kevo3

I've had the new FIOS TV/Internet now for about a year and just  added digital phone. Actually my bill will go down $5. I'm about to search for a new cordless phone and was wondering what is the best for the FIOS service. I realize "any" cordless phone should work but thought that maybe someone has good luck with a certain brand. Also I was wondering do I plug the new phones into the existing wall jacks that were in the apartment or into the fios wireless router.

0 Likes
Re: Added the FIOS Phone service bundle
Adam_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

There is no specific phone that would work "better" than another - I would think it would come down to your preference at that point.  The phone would definitely need to be plugged into your standard wall jacks.  Even though the line is "digital voice" all the the connectivity is handled within the FiOS ONT and the dialtone is distributed through your exisiting inside wiring (wall jacks).

-adam

0 Likes
Re: Added the FIOS Phone service bundle
tns
Master - Level 2

Probably any of the major brands phones that use DECT 6.0 would be good for you.   The DECT 6.0 phones use a band that will not interfere with your WIFI or bluetooth devices or older cordless phones.  I happen to be using Uniden phones. 

0 Likes
Re: Added the FIOS Phone service bundle (update)
kevo3

Well my existing wall jacks didnt work and I had to make a service call. Apparently when they installed FIOS in my house for TV/Internet  last year they didn't make it (digital phone ready) I hooked my new uniden digital phone to the omni box test phone port and my phone works so I'm using that for now.

0 Likes