All calls show Out of Area on caller ID

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

All calls show Out of Area on caller ID

Message 1 of 7
(1,911 Views)

Hello,

I have had fios for more than 4 years now had Verizon freedom essentials phone service along with TV and internet.

I upgraded to the new Verizon digital voice now my caller ID always shows Out of Area on every call.I setup the dvr so I can see caller there also and it’s the same thing..

I have called verizon about this but they are getting nowhere.I did see a ticket online in my account yesterday but today it is gone.

The caller ID  was working before the upgrade.

Is there anything I can do on my end.

Thanks for looking

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I want my phon & internet on one bill,I should NOT HAVE TO HAVE WIRELES!!!

Message 2 of 7
(1,877 Views)

@MrDman wrote:

Hello,

I have had fios for more than 4 years now had Verizon freedom essentials phone service along with TV and internet.

I upgraded to the new Verizon digital voice now my caller ID always shows Out of Area on every call.I setup the dvr so I can see caller there also and it’s the same thing..

I have called verizon about this but they are getting nowhere.I did see a ticket online in my account yesterday but today it is gone.

The caller ID  was working before the upgrade.

Is there anything I can do on my end.

Thanks for looking

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: All calls show Out of Area on caller ID

Message 3 of 7
(1,818 Views)

Sorry to hear about your caller ID problems. If you are still having this problem, please send me a private message.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 7
(1,793 Views)

I have a semi-related question..

I have freedom essentials voice service on 2 lines. I want to switch to digital voice but the system doesn't let me.

I know it is available in my area because if I go in as a new customer and use my neighbors adresses on both sides of me it does show it as on option for vocice service. I t appears to me once you have freedom voice the system will not let you switch???

Please help!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(1,793 Views)

I have a semi-related question..

I have freedom essentials voice service on 2 lines. I want to switch to digital voice but the system doesn't let me.

I know it is available in my area because if I go in as a new customer and use my neighbors adresses on both sides of me it does show it as on option for vocice service. I t appears to me once you have freedom voice the system will not let you switch???

Please help!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(1,676 Views)

I just installed a new phone and caller ID show out of area for all calls outside my area code.  How was this resolved?

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

caller ID always shows Out of Area

Message 7 of 7
(1,359 Views)

I have Verizon digital voice for while recently my caller ID often shows Out of Area but occaionally it will show the correct name.

Please help.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.