Alright who else is sick of the caller id spoofing?
sheva
Enthusiast - Level 2
Getting about 3 calls a day from 062 area code. I finally picked it up and told the {word filter} to stop calling me. He then called 10 times in a row. I have call block, which only allows 6 #s and call intercept which is useless they just pick a new #. So I called Verizon and there is nothing they can do. Anyone else know what to do? I reported them to the FTC but the calls haven't stopped. Cant report to do not call because of the 062 non existent area code
Message Edited by CharlotteS on 08-30-2008 12:04 PM
Re: Alright who else is sick of the caller id spoofing?
K-Ro
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am getting calls that the ID says are from my name and number, but no msg is ever left and it is not possible for me to call myself like that.  I posted a few days ago about this but never got a reply.
Re: Alright who else is sick of the caller id spoofing?
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1

Not really much you can do except complain to your state utility commission and to the FCC.

But then you did get caller ID to determine who is calling you before you answer the call, didn't you? If you don't recognize the caller's number (or suspect that it is being spoofed) then simply do not answer the call.

This link will provide an explanation about how this deception is done (see 2nd paragraph):

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=Home_Phone&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=1...

Message Edited by kvelling on 09-03-2008 12:11 PM
0 Likes