Anonymous Call block not working
mhicks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the 'Anonymous call block' feature included with my bundle but I am still getting calls from anonymous callers, telemarketers of course, on a daily basis.

Help?

0 Likes
Re: Anonymous Call block not working
PaPaTay

Assuming you went with digital phone, you need to sign in online to your Verizon Account.  There you'll see your call log and a list of features for your phone.  The 1st few features will be displayed, but to get to call blocking, you will need to click on "other features".  Scroll down to call blocking, click on it to turn it on, select "block anonymous calls" and also select block individual calls.  In the individual calls section add in the specific numbers of the telemarketers, etc, that you want to block in addition to the "anonymous callers" you've already blocked.

This has worked great for me and saved me from having to buy a new phone set  which has a call blocking capability.

Good luck.

P.S.  You can't do this on Mozilla Firefox.  But Explorer works just fine on the Verizon site.

0 Likes
mhicks10
Enthusiast - Level 3

My statement says shows Anonymous call rejection as being included but does not give me a way/link to "activate" it.

It seems a bit odd that I spend more time learning how to troubleshoot an account that was supposed to be set up by Verizon than Verizon does. Don't get me wrong, your help is greatlyu appreciated but it doesn't answer the question of how my order was never filled correctly to begin with and that I am in fact paying for services not rendered.

0 Likes
marc3565
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello mhicks,

In your original post you only said "Help?"

You received some things that should help. at the top of all the folders is a disclaimer "These Forums are a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us. ".

If you are here wanting someone at Verizon to answer "how my order was never filled correctly to begin with and that I am in fact paying for services not rendered." then you are unlikely to ever find an answer here.

People here are good at helping others solve problems and a few Verizon staffers chime in with solutions as well but the specific question you are looking for an answer to won't likely get answered.

Hope you get things working the way you want. I hate telemarketers as well. Fortunately the donotcall list has been working pretty well for me.

0 Likes
Mukund1

who i can anonymous call block on my home phoe?

0 Likes
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

Dial *77 to activate your Anonymous Call Rejection.

0 Likes
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

Anonymous call rejection blocks calls where the caller would come up as anonymous or private. It does not block unavailable or out of area calls. For that you need Call Intercept, which screens such calls.

0 Likes
Susieq0812

I tried to activate this block through my online account and it just wasn't working.  *77 worked & was easy. Thanks.

0 Likes
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

You're welcome.Smiley Happy

0 Likes