Anyone have just Verizon "dry loop" dsl...need to know the good, bad, ugly!
SWong2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally getting real tired waiting for FIOS to come into the Queens, NYC area hence this post.  Anyone out there have just a Verizon "Dry Loop" DSL line coming into their residence?  I presently have the Verizon Double Freedom plan on my first line which consists of the Verizon 7Mb/768Kb DSL along with a regional package and am paying $84/month.    In addition to this I have another Verizon line coming in on a Verizon Basic package.  Finally considering cancelling all of Verizon and going with just cable internet along a Ooma Telo which would bring my costs down from over $120 monthly to a manageable $35.  I've been with Verizon over 35 years and all I have to show for this is incessant yearly increases.  Need a second line as a requirement to work virtually from work along with a internet connection with robust bandwidth hence this very expensive $44/month Verizon 7Mb/768Kb which is the fastest I can get to perform my daily work.  I really want FIOS however I don't expect Verizon to wire Queens, NY any time soon hence my inclination towards cable DSL solely.  Need to know how to go about getting a Verizon "Dry Loop" connection into the residence and nothing else.  Once I get dry loop I can then cancel all my Verizon phones and go with Ooma Telo which would save me a little less than a thousand/year. 

0 Likes