Switch Account

Anyone have just Verizon "dry loop" dsl...need to know the good, bad, ugly!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 1 of 1
(5,062 Views)

Finally getting real tired waiting for FIOS to come into the Queens, NYC area hence this post.  Anyone out there have just a Verizon "Dry Loop" DSL line coming into their residence?  I presently have the Verizon Double Freedom plan on my first line which consists of the Verizon 7Mb/768Kb DSL along with a regional package and am paying $84/month.    In addition to this I have another Verizon line coming in on a Verizon Basic package.  Finally considering cancelling all of Verizon and going with just cable internet along a Ooma Telo which would bring my costs down from over $120 monthly to a manageable $35.  I've been with Verizon over 35 years and all I have to show for this is incessant yearly increases.  Need a second line as a requirement to work virtually from work along with a internet connection with robust bandwidth hence this very expensive $44/month Verizon 7Mb/768Kb which is the fastest I can get to perform my daily work.  I really want FIOS however I don't expect Verizon to wire Queens, NY any time soon hence my inclination towards cable DSL solely.  Need to know how to go about getting a Verizon "Dry Loop" connection into the residence and nothing else.  Once I get dry loop I can then cancel all my Verizon phones and go with Ooma Telo which would save me a little less than a thousand/year. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.