Artificial limit of 10 numbers for call block.
MattBieneman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is call block limited to 10 numbers? There are at least that many scammers calling every week. I need to be able to block several thousand numbers. This should be incredibly simple with any modern computing equipment at least since about 1970. There is no reason whatsoever for a limitation of 10 numbers, unless the telephone company is profiting from all of these illegal calls. (I'm sure that's not the case, of course.) There should also be a feature for blocking known scammers. For example, when a scammer calls, I could just enter *XX and that number would be added to the list of known scammers, and be blocked for everyone who has that feature turned on. That number could then be blocked for everyone for a day. That would very quickly stop the numerous telephone scams, as they would only be able to complete one call per day. It would be a simple matter to have a "whitelist" of good numbers that can always ring my phone just in case someone has mistakenly labelled them as a scammer.

0 Likes
Re: Artificial limit of 10 numbers for call block.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hardly artificial.  You hit it.

Yes it would be nice if they increased it, even better if numbers or names that you see displayed could reliable be blocked (number you see sometimes are not blocked even if in the list of 10 numbers).

Consider using NOMOROBO.COM if you are using FDV.

0 Likes
Kestrel3
Contributor - Level 2

Agree - 10 is not enough.  There should not be a limit at all.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Kestrel wrote:

Agree - 10 is not enough.  There should not be a limit at all.

Just want to say that no limit is impossible.  Say they gave us 1 million numbers someone would find they needed more.  Better would be they worked with someone like NOMOROBO to filter numbers for all of us and gave us say some number like 100 of personal numbers to filter.  Note you must use personal numbers to filter those allowed to annoy us such as politicians during campaign season  Note with NOMOROBO you cannot add personal numbers but you can report a new violator to filter.

0 Likes
romaxiii
Enthusiast - Level 1

The limit is still 10 calls.   What is going on here.  This is fully rediculous.  How can we get the company to respond.  It shoud be unlimited.   No one is going to block calls they want.  There is no such thing as the do not call list for functional purposes.

Verizon this is your business,  YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS.

I AM very tired of all this.

Thanks,

any feed back will be helpful.

I will try to follow this through

0 Likes