BBU cable
rh110

My service beeps every half hour because the battery is disconnected from the 12 volt back up battery... I have a battery, I just don't have the cable.

There are two terminals and a two pin connector that go to the service... I've lookd everywhere but have not been able to find the cable I need... Can someone please provide a link to a website where I could purchase the one I need? I contacted Verizon and they told me they cannot send the individual cable...

Thank you; I will bump this until I get the help I need... I've been listening to this thing beep for weeks on end 0_0

0 Likes
Re: BBU cable
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

Your best bet is to track down a FiOS technician and see if she or he can help you.  Or, you can look on eBay.  Might need to buy an entire ONT/BBU, though.

If you don't care about the battery backup, simply hit the "alarm silence" button on the BBU.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
rh110

Track down a technicain; are you serious? The button doesn't work, by the way. But thanks anyhow... Does someone know where I can find one online? I haven't had any luck on ebay.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rh1 wrote:

Track down a technicain; are you serious?

Yup.

Remember, you're talking to other customers here.  If you want an answer from Verizon, you need to call or chat with them.

The BBU should shut-up when the silence button is pressed.  You might have to remove power to it (which will reset the ONT too).  There are a bunch of threads on here and other user forums that discuss how to silence it when no battery is present.  Try using the search here and Google.

The battery harness is not a standard item that is sold or stocked anywhere by itself.  Your best bet really is to try and find a FiOS technician and see if they can help you.  If you can't make that happen, you may be able to buy the parts to make your own harness.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The cable comes with the BBU. The cable is different in every model BBU. If you have one that beeps you probably have an older model that needs to be replaced anyway. Call Verizon and setup an appointment to have a technician replace the unit.

0 Likes