BEWARE OF Verizon Sales/Service tactics
wagudo3

I was helping my customer make a good business decision regarding VOIP phone service. The customer wanted to expand from 4 to 8 phone lines. They previously had 8x8 service. We were considering Comcast Xfinity as well. Comcast gave us a great price. However, we have Verizon for TV and Fios and it seemed a good fit on paper. We had one condition, we wanted to use out Polycom phones to avoid the expense of purchasing new phones. Well, of course the sales person assured us that as long as the phones were compatible, we could use them when we switched. So after 5 badly fumbled work orders and 3 months of double billing (since they could not sucessfully port the number over as promised), we were told that we could only use Verizon issued Polycom Phones. Now, I know a little about Technology and it only takes a firmware download from their TFTP server to activate the phones. 

However, tech support refused to help us. They even said that the Polycom phones that we just purchased from Verizon are no longer available. We wanted to keep equipment uniformity.  I have 5 customers who I have steered to Fios Business and I am wondering if it was a good idea now?

PLEASE BEWARE. 

0 Likes
Re: BEWARE OF Verizon Sales/Service tactics
jonjones1
Legend

https://support.polycom.com/content/support/emea/emea/en/support/voice/business-media-phones/vvx400-...

I thought i just answered this? In any case get support from the manufacturers web portal. Why would Verizon have anything to do with your phone? It’s like purchasing from Best Buy or AT&T store etc. it’s always best to go to the makers web site for assistance. Or buy another brand of phones.

0 Likes
WillA1

I am fully aware of how to reset and even download a firmware file. However, Verizon refuses to allow me to download their Firmware file for a fully compatible phone that they support as they sold it until 5 weeks ago.

I don't want device suppimageort, I just need them to honor what they agreed upon.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wagudo3,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes