BLOCKING INCOMING CALLS TO LAND PHONE
arecia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was informed that Verizon no longer offers phone blocking to my land phone.  On a daily basis every day I receive a phone call from{edited for privacy}.  This is from the State of Texas.  I never answer the phone when It comes in but when my answering service answers they hang up.  I went to Google and there are many complaints against this company who say they are from Microsoft and need your credit card number to "fix your problem."  I am on the Do Not Call List.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to block this since Verizon no longer allows us to block unwanted phone calls?

0 Likes
Re: BLOCKING INCOMING CALLS TO LAND PHONE
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

I have the FIOS Digital Voice and can block up to 10 numbers.

Under Calling Features > Incoming Call Block > Change Settings and then add number then save.

I wish that ACR would block numbers that come up Unavailable/Unavailable, no number provided.  It is usually some survey that won't take no for an answer and repeatedly calls.  They think because they are above the DNC law they can call even if you don't want them too.

0 Likes
arecia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried that but Verizon no longer allows us to block calls.  I think I solved the problem.  When I received another call from this number I used a very very loud horn and blew it until the caller hung up.  I have received no further calls as of today.

0 Likes
floridagal
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL!!!!

0 Likes