Basic telephone service
RBobJones

I have a dial tone with my landline service and can make outgoing calls.  However, for incoming calls the phone does not ring.  When I use my cellphone to call my landline number I hear two rings and then a busy signal. I have disconnected all my household phones and tried to receive a call with only my landline phone and that did not work for incoming calls. I plugged a landline phone to the Network Interface Device (NID) and had a dialtone but still received two rings and a busy signal for incoming calls. The internal and external wiring apparently is O.K.  I am puzzled!!  Any suggestions for resolving the problem?

0 Likes
Re: Basic telephone service
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
TomH309
Bronze Contributor I

0 Kudos

‎SORRY LINK BELOW DOES NOT WORK INFO IS IN MY LATER POST

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Suggestions-For-This-Community/HELPFUL-INFORMATION-WHEN-YOU-POST/td-p/...

Please click on this link.
When you have done this then post again where you posted before and then someone will be able to help you.

Tom
Freedom Essentials, QIP 7100 1,Bose SOLO TV Sound System,,QIP 7216 P2,M1424WR iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone 5,TV SYST INFO Release 1.9.1 Build No. 14.47 Data Obj. Ver. No. 34.47
0 Likes
Re: Basic telephone service
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
Tweet Post
Topic Options
« Message Listing
Next Topic »
TomH309
Bronze Contributor I

5 Kudos
HELPFUL INFORMATION WHEN YOU POST
Options
‎05-07-2013 05:50 AM

It would be very helpful to try and answer any questions you have if you add some information to your profile.
You need to do this only once and it will be available to all each time you post on any VZ Forum

AFTER YOU SIGN IN...GO TO

My Settings
Personal Information
Signature...This is a good place to add what equipment and services you have
Location ... County and State....some of the answers might depend on what area you live in.

PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE IN SHARING WITH THE VERIZON COMMUNITY
0 Likes