Billed for outgoing LOCAL calls I didn't make
nessie75

I've got basic landline service and DSL.  This month on my bill under the "Local Calls" section is a note for 165 'message calls,' which is 90 over my allowance.  I didn't make any calls, I don't even use the landline.  Anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Billed for outgoing LOCAL calls I didn't make
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@nessie75 wrote:

I've got basic landline service and DSL.  This month on my bill under the "Local Calls" section is a note for 165 'message calls,' which is 90 over my allowance.  I didn't make any calls, I don't even use the landline.  Anyone else had this problem?

As Verizon stated, this is a peer to peer forum. but here are some considerations. In some areas I have heard now you do not need a voice line to have your DSL, which was not the case before, you had to have a minimum voice service. You may wish to check this.

Do you have any devices plugged into your landline? Directv or Dish? Fax machine or computer modem? Alarm system? Any of these devices that may dial out without your knowledge?

0 Likes
nessie75

A note to the Verizon Monitor: I have spoken to the business office and tech support and while they are removing the charges they told me I'd have to pay for a technician to come here as the line had no fault.

I will check the equipment attached to the line and look into doing away with it althogether.  Thanks for the tips! 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@nessie75 wrote:

A note to the Verizon Monitor: I have spoken to the business office and tech support and while they are removing the charges they told me I'd have to pay for a technician to come here as the line had no fault.

I will check the equipment attached to the line and look into doing away with it althogether.  Thanks for the tips! 

Another thing to consider if you have satellite service, you may need a landline to get video on demand or pay per view. I remember with DTV I could request these items online without a phoneline. I know if you have more than one receiver, they may cut off all but the primary if the receivers to not connect from the same phone line from time to time.

Also the moderators are here to moderate the forums, making sure no one violates the user guidelines, and also to make sure postings are appropriate and posted in the correct place. They like to help when possible, just as all users of the forums.

From time to time you may get a response from a Verizon "Employee" and not a "Moderator". I would say most of the time the forums are like stated. Peer to Peer, Users helping Users. If you wish, enjoy the forums when you are not having issues. There are many good informative posts here that you may find useful.

Have a nice holiday weekend.

0 Likes