Blocked callers still getting through
xirian1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a number that calls continuously all day every day. I blocked it and it still gets through. I tried removing it and readding, no luck. Clicking block caller in my call log tells me its already blocked. Its driving me insane, I don't understand how they're getting through. Is there any way to fix this? 

Re: Blocked callers still getting through
ocean51smt
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can only use call block if you have fios for your home phone.  The only other thing you can do is call 1800verizon and explain the problem.  Make sure you tell them you do not know this person and you want to report this as an annoyance call.  That might help you, but they might try to get you to switch to fios, in that case the only other thing you can do is request verizon to change your number at no charge.  If you want to do that, DO NOT have them refer callers to your new number.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You need to log on to your account online and turn the call blocking on. You are just blocking the number without turning the service on.

0 Likes
xirian1
Enthusiast - Level 2

First I have digital voice.

Second, of course I turned it on, as it used to work. It randomly stopped working a few months ago. 

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

try Do Not Disturb, that caller will never go through, you can sleep overnight.

0 Likes
Catz2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like the original poster, I also have blocked calls coming through.  A number is listed in the blocked call list, and if I try to add it manually to the list, the system tells me it is already blocked.  It's just a "fail" on the part of the blocking system and it is very aggravating.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes