Switch Account

Blocks removed

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Blocks removed

Message 1 of 5
(3,357 Views)

How can I get block removed from my phone, that will allow me to receive calls from certain place, such as a detention facility?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Blocks removed

Message 2 of 5
(3,282 Views)

Hey txharris2, you have to call the Correctional Billing Service department at 800-844-6591 to allow you to receive collect calls.

Ron
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(3,268 Views)

Many correctional facilities make a deal with a special phone provider. Calls out from "guests" must go through that company. That company will want you to arrange payments with them directly in some cases.  The number Ron gave you might know how to help you through those cases but if you don't get anywhere try calling the facility and ask them which company handles their phones and reach out to them directly. You can see some of these companies here http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=correctional+facility+phone+calls&aq=1&aqi=g2g-m8&aql=&oq=c...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(836 Views)

I cannot receive collect calls

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 5 of 5
(833 Views)

If you have VOIP (Digital Voice) you can't receive collect calls.  I couldn't with Vonage and reading up on FIOS it is the same, no collect calls.

Verizon's policy:   http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/phone/general+support/fios+phone/questions+and+answers/1278...

Dave
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.