Switch Account

Call Assistant behind firewall

Call Assistant behind firewall

Highlighted
Contributor ljcorsa
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(10,187 Views)

I am trying to use Verizon Call Assistant (VCA) behind a firewall.  If I monitor activity (using sysinternals Process Explorer), I see the initial connects using https, then some packets to 198.23.16.165:3197.  If I open port 3197, the packet transmit succeeds, but I do not see the reply.  Can anyone describe the ports that need to be opened for VCA to function correctly?

As a suggestion to the developers, it would be most handy if VCA restricted itself to generally-open ports.  This app is most useful to me when I am at work, and obviously I cannot manipulate the corporate firewall.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Copper Contributor jamesonc
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(10,146 Views)
at least your aloud to even sign up for it.
Contributor birq
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(9,932 Views)

I just called VCA support about this issue and they offered to tell me the ports, but I told her it wouldn't do me any good since I'm also behind a corporate firewall.  Call 1-888-483-5156 and you should be able to find out pretty quickly.

I agree they should restrict themselves to commonly-used ports.  This software does me no good when I'm at home.

Message Edited by birq on 12-19-2008 01:51 PM
Contributor bqs
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(9,795 Views)
So there was no resolution on using it behind a corporate firewall?
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.