Call Assistant fee???
credit
Enthusiast - Level 2
I just signed up for this Verizon Call Assistant because it said it was free. Now I am worried that I didn't read the fine print well enough and they are going to charge me for something. Is there an extra charge for this service??? Did I miss something??
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Call Assistant fee???
credit
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far they have not charged me a fee. I have my bill in front of me and it lists Verizon Call Assistant on it, but the charge is $0.00. I wouldn't put it past these clowns to start billing me at any point so I am going to look at it every month. So for now I will say that it is free.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hydroron
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's what I want to know. Does Call assistant cost something or is it really free?

Justin46
Legend

I have had Call Assistant for several months and have never beeen billed anything for it (and I check my bill very closely every month). So, at least for now, it really is free. As far as I know, Verizon does not have any plans to charge for it, but I suppose they could do so sometime in the future, and if they do I will probably discontinue it unless it is something trivial like $1/month.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

hydroron
Enthusiast - Level 2
I decided to contact Verizon directly to make sure. They tell me there is no charge and that they know of no plans to charge in the future.
credit
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far they have not charged me a fee. I have my bill in front of me and it lists Verizon Call Assistant on it, but the charge is $0.00. I wouldn't put it past these clowns to start billing me at any point so I am going to look at it every month. So for now I will say that it is free.

0 Likes
credit
Enthusiast - Level 2

They haven't charged me yet. So I am going to say it is free for now.

It is pretty cool though. I downloaded the call assistant to my desktop and now I can tell whenever someone calls my home #....my wife doesn't know this and I am never going to tell.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

credit,

Yeah, it is kinda neat, the popup shows up 1 to 2 seconds before the phone actually starts ringing. But they have some things they need to work on:

1) It needs at least an option to display on the TVs. It is pretty useless if I am sitting in the easy chair, not at my desk.

2) The popup does not stay on the screen long enough, I see it, and just about get to read it, when it disappears. There should be an option for me to decide how long I want the popup to stay.

3) I like to have the application window in the lower left of my screen. However, when I start the application, it always comes up in the middle of the screen. It should have an option to remember where it was the last time it was used, and automatically position intself there.

4) I like to have the list of calls displayed all of the time. When it starts now, there are no calls displayed, I have to click the phone icon to get the list. There should be an option to automatically display the call list.

5) When I park the application in the lower left, I can see a small part of that window the way I have my screen set up. But clicking on the exposed portion of the window does not bring it to the front of other windows, I have to click on the icon on the Task Bar to get it to display. This should be fixed.

6) You can only delete one call at a time. There should be an option to select multiple calls for deletion (like you can with the browser-based part of Call Assistant).

7) I understand you can have it active on only one PC at a time. I have never tried multiple, but we have several PCs in the house, I should have the option for it to work on any PCs I want, concurrently.

There are probably a number of other enhancements they can make, I put my requests in to the Call Assistant Help Desk quite a while ago, nothing yet, but I can always hope....or does anyone out there know how to fix any of the issues I have listed?

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX 

markhil
Enthusiast - Level 1
How do you signup to get call assistant ?  I called VZ and they did not know anything about call assistant.  Also is call assistant available for residential or is it only for small business ?
0 Likes
hydroron
Enthusiast - Level 2
Here's the URL to sign up: https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/
0 Likes
markhil
Enthusiast - Level 1
I went to the page for Call Assistant but there was no link to signup.  I called Verizon and they said the Call Assistant service is suspended in my area (Philly suburbs).  Don't if it's just my area or nationwide.
0 Likes