Call Block
conqueso3

Verizon Call Block (used to block incoming calls) instruction page begins with "This service is no longer available to new customers."  Why is call block no longer being offered to new customers by Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Call Block
Mike_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Conqueso3,

There are some difficulties with the calling features and support web site presently based on the zip code you have entered.  Features and options do vary from region to region.  Here are the instructions you were looking for -

Activate Call Block:

1. Lift the handset and listen for a dial tone.

2. Press *60 (1-1-6-0).

3. Listen to the voice-recorded instructions for Call Block options. The phone numbers you enter on your Call Block list will be repeated to you.

4. The number of the last person who called you may be added to your Call Block list by following the voice-recorded instructions.   If you want to add to your list or if your list is full, simply follow the instructions. 

To Deactivate Call Block:

1. Lift the handset and listen for dial tone.

2. Press *80. (Rotary dial 1-1-8-0). 

Additional information on Caller ID Call blocking you may be interested in-

If you would like information pertaining to All call blocking use this website: All Call Blocking feature

If you would like information pertaining to Per call blocking use this website: Per call blocking feature

Thank you

0 Likes
fcgiii1

When I press *60 I get a busy signal.

What does that mean? 

Fred

0 Likes
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

That means it is either not available in your area or you need to call the business office to have it activated.

0 Likes
ifamilyman

Does Call Block cost any money.  Thanks.

@mike1969 wrote:

That means it is either not available in your area or you need to call the business office to have it activated.

0 Likes
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, as far as I know you have to either call the business office and order a monthly subscription to the service which I believe runs about $5 - $6 per month, or if it is already available on your phone you can use it on a per use basis without subscribing. If you do it that way there are daily fees charged to your bill for every day there are numbers on your list and the list is active. Caution is urged if you use the per use option as charges can really add up. If you want to use the service it is much cheaper to order the monthly subscription.

0 Likes
bill2601

If you have FIOS Digital phone service, you can block up to 10 numbers:

1. Sign into My Verizon

2. Select Home Phone

3. Select the Calling Features tab

4. Select View All Calling Features

5. Select Incoming Call Block

6. Select Reject Calls from Cetain Numbers

7. Add the desired 10-digit numbers to the list, up to 10 numbers

I think the blocks expire after 60 or 90 days, but you can add them back.  I don't think there's a charge for this (at least I've never been billed for it).

There's also an option here to allow you to block anonymous calls.

You can also select calls from your incoming call log to block - just click on the incoming number or name.  A pop-up menu should appear where you call select Call Block - this takes you to the same screen as above, but the selected number is pre-filled.  All you need to do is click Add.

0 Likes
PoppaV1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why can't Verizon offer larger capacity on the web version of Call Block?  10 just isn't enough.

elainer65

how do I get the block service

0 Likes
alf03

Seems like it doesn't work in Florida, anonymous call reject and/or  block are not available for outside dial zone numbers !! Nocall list isn't worth its name, is there any other solution to get rid of all these unsolicited calls ?

0 Likes