Call Forward When Busy no longer offered?
blegs38552
Contributor - Level 1

I recently renewed by FIOS contract, and My phone service was switched over to a Digital Voice account. I activated the voice mail, but have found that calls are being sent to Voice mail when my line is busy.

I have 2 land line phones in my house - this one and a Vonage line. I had my FIOS account set up for Call Forward When Busy in order to send calls to my Vonage account when my FIOS account was busy. In this way, if the Vonage account was not picked up after 4 rings, the caller was sent to my home answering system to leave a message.

Now I find that I can no longer do this - a major inconvenience. I do not want to have to call FIOS Voice mail when my line is busy if it is avoidable.

Why does FIOS keep changing services, but not telling users that some features are no longer available,

Is there some reason why this service was discontinued? I am not interested in any workarounds, such as a backup number which only works when service is not available, which is not the case here.

0 Likes
Re: Call Forward When Busy no longer offered?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry for the troubles getting this forwarding set up. We would like to assist you with this. Since we need more information about your account, I have copied your post to our private support board. Please refer all correspondences there from here on out.

0 Likes
Status changed to: Resolved
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response. Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. Tonya C.

0 Likes