Call Forwarding to Wireless #
MoKil918

I just added Call Forwarding to my landline service.  The description of the service reads: "Forward your calls to another phone number, including your home or office number. Your wireless phone will not ring until you deactivate the service..."

Is this true, or am I misreading this statement?  I want my wireless phone to ring in order to pick up my calls! 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Call Forwarding to Wireless #
G-Pon
Contributor - Level 1

That sounds like a description for forwarding a call FROM a wireless phone to a landline phone. The correct instructions for the landline service should read:
ACTIVATION
1.Listen for dial tone.         
2.Press *72 or 72#               
3.At the tone, dial the TN # calls are to be forwarded to       
4.When the call is answered ,the feature is ON. If the call is not answered, just repeat the steps and even though not answered will activate feature.

DEACTIVATION
1. Lift the handset and listen for dial tone.      2. Press *73 or 73#. (Rotary dial 1-1-7-3).
ALSO NOTE:
Calls forwarded with this service are subject to local or toll charges.  If the line is toll restricted, calls will not forward to a toll number.   You can make outgoing calls while Call Forwarding is activated. You cannot answer calls when CFV is ON. You will hear a short ring each time a call forwards. 

0 Likes
techie56

I have tried the listed steps but only get a fast busy signal when dialing the * code.  I need to be able to forward calls occassionally.

Any help would be great!

0 Likes
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1

A fast busy signal (aka reorder) after dialing the *xx code is an indication that you DO NOT have the service you are trying to use/activate.

The get the service added --with the least amount of hassle and frustration--, you should TELEPHONE your local phone company business office using the TELEPHONE number printed on your bill.

0 Likes
cactusfog
I tried to dial *72 and 72#  and 1172....I get a message "your call can not be completed as dialed" Anyone have ideas on this one?
0 Likes
hydrapete
If your number is long distance, don't forget to add the 1 before the area code. Took me 6 tries before I figured that one out!
0 Likes
vztelecom
Contributor - Level 1
try 1-800-234-2340 for exact instructions on how to set up your call forward/ if you need help with any extra phone services.
0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

@cactusfog wrote:
I tried to dial *72 and 72#  and 1172....I get a message "your call can not be completed as dialed" Anyone have ideas on this one?

Assuming you are paying for call forwarding service or it is part of a package, you need to dial the *72 followed by the digits exactly as you would dial them for a normal call to that number.   For example, in my area, I have to do 10 digit dialing for all calls and 11 digit dialing for long distance.  So to forward the call to another number in my town, I would dial *72aaaxxxyyyy.  If I wanted to forward to another number in another state, I would dial *721bbbcccdddd.

Hope that gets you up & running.

0 Likes
Vumes
Enthusiast - Level 3

@MoKil918 wrote:

I just added Call Forwarding to my landline service.  The description of the service reads: "Forward your calls to another phone number, including your home or office number. Your wireless phone will not ring until you deactivate the service..."

Is this true, or am I misreading this statement?  I want my wireless phone to ring in order to pick up my calls! 

The instructions you got were from Verizon WIRELESS website. Not Verizon.com. Here is where you got them from:

http://support.vzw.com/features/calling_features/call_forwarding.html

Do you happen to have Verizon Wireless service, and maybe you added it to your cell phone instead of your landline at home? Just a thought.

0 Likes
MoKil918

Thank you for your interest.

I do have both Verizon Wireless & landline.  I did use these instructions to successfully forward my landline to my cell phone during an extended trip. 

• I first had to change my landline account to add the "Call Forwarding" feature.
  • Then I tested the instructions ... They work AOK, whether you're transferring calls from a landline to a cell phone, or visa-versa!

These instructions were obviously written from the viewpoint of transferring cell phone calls to another line.

Regards.

0 Likes