Call Forwarding
kodiak
Can I activate call forwarding on my land line from another phone?
0 Likes
Re: Call Forwarding
WireFox
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. You can activate Call Forwarding only from the phone that has the service.

0 Likes
phillyphone1
Verizon does offer, in some areas, a feature called Ultra Forward. With this feature you can dial an 800 number remotely to turn call forwarding for your landline on or off with the use of a PIN (personal identification #).
0 Likes
sosuzguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

This service "Ultra Forward" is only available to small businesses and I'd bet it's at a premium price.  It's not even offered in Texas where I am at, however AT&T has had this option since at least 1996, over 12 years ago!

AT&T had it for a very small add on price of maybe a few bucks at that time. 

I just do not understand why Verizon can come up with remotely accessing your DVR and Voice mail but they absolutely refuse to offer this service.  My luck they will come out with it but only through web access or the voice mail web access (I do not subscribe to voice mail)  I'd rather they keep it simple and offer it also with a phone number you could call to activate, deactivate and change the number the calls are forwarding to.

Anyone have any idea if this feature is coming soon or when it might be here?  How can we get Verizon to get up to speed on this feature?  Thanks

0 Likes
sosuzguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just saw that coming soon you would be able to control your call forwarding from the Verizon Call Assistant.

That's nice, as long as you have access to a computer when you need to do this.  It would be really nice if Verizon would get this feature setup where it could be accessed remotely from any phone like AT&T has had available for the past 20 years.

0 Likes
kvelling1
Contributor - Level 1

I have had Ultra-Forward on my HOME land-line for over 20 years.

0 Likes
sosuzguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

See it would be nice if they'd offer it to everyone.  AT&T is more prevelent in DALLAS - Ft Worth than Verizon, but yet Verizon still refuses to offer it, while AT&T has it here.

I'm not sure how the market doesn't support it for for Verizon but it does for AT&T...even in much smaller town.

0 Likes