Call Intercept Not Working
BeachBum88
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have had Call Intercept for about 2 weeks and are disappointed.  We have double-checked the settings and the service is turned on.  Examples of the calls we continue to get as displayed on caller ID:

Private

240-XXX-XXXX   {edited for privacy}

(this is from a neighbor with Comcast as their local phone service provider)

Not Available

801-XXX-XXXX  {edited for privacy}

Unavailable

888-XXX-XXXX  {edited for privacy}

Not Available

973-XXX-XXXX  {edited for privacy}

And so on.  What's going on?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Call Intercept Not Working
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
BeachBum88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reminder.  However, I'd hoped that some other users could chime in with information about whether it was reasonable to expect that the calls I listed would be blocked.  I'm guessing that in the case of the last three numbers I listed, the caller is using a VOIP or Centrex system or something similar where CID information can be manipulated to show "Not available" as the caller name.

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

We have FIOS and use the ACR feature but it never blocks any call that supplies a number, and it doesn't even block calls that don't, they come up UNAVAILABLE/UNAVAILABLE, no number at all.  It only blocks the calls where the caller blocks their number on purpose, not by falsifying data.

0 Likes
hracer
Contributor - Level 2

From the Verizon feature description page. "Call Intercept answers incoming calls that do not provide a valid phone number." If any phone number information is provided, then the call is allowed. Toll Free numbers are not blocked

0 Likes
AllisonMiller

I have Call Intercept for many years on my landline, which I'm finally caving and getting rid of.  I tried to check out whether it's doing anything on my phone since I get constant, repeated call with phone numbers listed-- but the numbers keep changing for the business/organization calling.

At Verizon's support page http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/phone/homephone/calling+features/call+intercept/questio...

It says:  Managing Call Intercept        

• Forgotten PIN or Override Code You can call toll-free 1-800-527-7070 to retrieve your Override Code. Call 1-800-435-7986 (1-877-611-7607 Spanish) to have your PIN reset.

I called the 800 number and there was no answer!

Since Call Intercept has been discontinued for new customers, I'm getting the message that the $6.31 I've been paying each month has been for nothing.

0 Likes
BeachBum88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I'm guessing Verizon is throwing in the towel on Call Intercept because it's not that effective.  What would REALLY help is if they programmed the service to block any number from a toll-free area code, as that's what most telemarketers seem to program to appear in their CID information.

Mark22
Enthusiast - Level 1

the refusal to improve call blocking, intercept is degrading FIOS phone service to the point of being an unwanted service.

0 Likes