Call Intercept vs. ACR ?
LesaHW

I've been a subscriber to Call Intercept now for a month, and get on an average 8-10 calls from "Out of Area", "Unknown" and "Private Caller".  ONCE I received the distinctive ring of Call Intercept for an "Anonymous" call.  I've been told by support that I"m just set up to have "Anonymous" calls blocked and SHOULD have had an option to choose if I want these other kinds of call to be blocked , but when I call the number to set up your code and such ( the Advanced Features number...) - the menu only gives me the options to enter VIP numbers or SPECIFIC numbers I want to have blocked. I've never been given another option.  Just as I was ready to cancel, I stumbled upon some information that may be the problem - in my Freedom Call Package, I have "Anonymous Call Rejection" as part of the package and this supposedly won't work with Call Intercept.  Is this true, and if it is - how do you turn off "Anonymous Call Rejection" to make Call Intercept work ? I am a Fios subscriber by the way...

Please help !  These calls are making me crazy.... 

0 Likes
Re: Call Intercept vs. ACR ?
GSnicker
Enthusiast - Level 3
*87 turns off the Anonymous Call Block feature. Call Intercept should stop any call that is unidentified...which is the clincher...neither the name or number can show up for this to stop the call. If either the name or number or anything shows up it will not stop the call from what I can tell. Anonymous Call Block only stops "Private" and "Anonymous" calls, which mean the customer is blocking their number. It will not stop "Out of Area" or "Unknown", which means it is either incapable of transferring that signal or the service is being lost in its transfer to your system.
0 Likes
LesaHW

Thanks for writing back. Yeah, *87 is supposed to turn the Anonymous Call Block off - but it wouldn't and I had to have someone at Verizon do it.

After spending hours with some very nice people trying to help, I finally was transferred to someone in the "Fiber Solution Center " (  love the name...), who confirmed right away that - indeed - Call Intercept won't work when you have Anonymous Call Block ( and several other features...) that come with the "Freedom Package".  I don't know if this is unique to Fios customers or not.  At any rate, he took off the "Anonymous Call Block" from my Freedom Package - but Call Intercept is still not working.  No name- and no number are displayed and it still won't work. Many hours have been spent on the phone with Verizon and I surrender , and will discontinue this feature.  Too bad.  It seems like it could be a great feature... 

0 Likes
sheva
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have both on my phone #77. I do not have fios, but have ACR and Call intercept as well.
0 Likes
sheva
Enthusiast - Level 2
Im sorry *77 duh!!
0 Likes