Call Waiting - Caller ID with FiOS
ALM168

When I switched from wire service to FiOS, I lost the Call  Waiting Caller ID function and was told by tech support at the time that all was OK with the account and with the switching circuit, but was a problem with my Verizon supplied Caller ID box (Remember this worked with the wire service). I purchased a new phone (GE model 25881 that has Call Waiting Caller ID function) but still no Call Waiting ID. I do get the beeps. Note: Caller ID works fine when I am not on the line. When contacting tech support, I was told that the some phones were not compatible with FiOS Call Waiting ID, but could not supply me with a list of phones that work or phones that are known not to work. Can anyone give me some phone models that are known to work? I do not want to keep purchasing phones only to have some tech tell me that it is not compatible?

Also, the tech told me that another customer had the same problem and had tried three phones without any success. To me, being an electrical engineer, this sounds like a service provider problem and not a phone problem. Thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Call Waiting - Caller ID with FiOS
JamesPezzella
Enthusiast - Level 2
I'm having the same problem. I switched from Cablevision and lost a number of features. Now, when I'm on a call, and a second one comes in - I'll get a call waiting beep - but no caller id. I will get a caller id when the other is not already in use.
0 Likes
ALM168

It appears that Verizon has a known problem and is unwilling to help it's customers. I wonder if contacting the public utilities commission would help.  

What model and brand of phone do you have? As I said in my earlier post, the tech told me another customer tried three different phones all did not show the caller ID number with call waiting.

0 Likes
ALM168

Received a call from a Verizon tech saying this is a known problem and a firmware download will be sent in two to three weeks.

0 Likes
ALM168
Update (9/25/08) Received another call from another Verizon tech saying that this Call Waiting/Caller ID problem is due to a system compatiblity problem with the hardware on site and at the switching station. He said not to look for a solution for at least three months. But when a solution comes, you will only know by it working one day.
0 Likes
winstoda
I too am experiencing this problem.  When I get a call waiting nothing appears on my caller id.  Any news on a fix? 
0 Likes
naveen2
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I switched from Comcast to Verizon, I lost the call waiting ID. Caller ID works imtermittently. I switched to verizon about a month ago and they are still not able to resolve the issue. Now they are saying that telephone service is not included in the 30 day trial period if sign up for FIOS triple play.  If I I switch the service, they will charge me the early termination fee. The service representative who came to check said that verizon is aware of such problem in Pennsylvania areas. I think it is time for consumers to come to come together and think or organize filing class action law suit against verizon.

0 Likes