Call forwarding and simultaneous ring
PlanoBill
Enthusiast - Level 1

Until very recently, I was able to activate call forwarding even though I had simultaneous calling activated. I keep simulaneous calling activated to enable the NoMoRobo service, which has worked well for me. I had been able to activate call forwarding at the same time, but now the system tells me that I must turn off simultaneous ring in order to activate it. Why the change?

0 Likes
Re: Call forwarding and simultaneous ring
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

I never tried to use forwarding and simultaneous ring at the same time; that seems like something that never should have worked.

I do use simultaneous with more than one phone number.  I have both nomorobo and my cell phone setup.  It works great.  If I'm near my FiOS phone, I answer it.  If I'm out and about, I get the call on my cell.  Nomorobo does it's thing and zaps the junk calls after one ring.

If I don't answer my cell, FiOS voice mail answers and takes a message.  If I want voice mail on my cell, I can hit a button on my phone to send it to voice mail.  I have FiOS voice mail set to email me messages, soI  get notifications.  I can access my FiOS voice mail from either the email or the FiOS app.

What do you expected a line with both forwarding and simultaneous ring to do and why can't you just use two or more numbers with simultaneous ring?

Enjoy.

0 Likes
PlanoBill
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done just what you suggest on a number of occasions and it works just fine.

For me the benefit of using call forwarding and simultaneous ring is simplicity. I can keep the Nomorobo number set up all the time with no additional steps. I only activate call forwarding when my wife and I leave the house together, and I can activate it from my home phone without the several steps required to activate online or to add my cell phone to the simultaneous ring. Call forwarding and simultaneous ring worked together with no problems for the last year or so. It's only been in the last few days that this arrangement stopped working, and I am trying to find out why. Having my home phone and cell phone ring simultaneously all the time could create some issues when I am away from home and my wife is not. It's doable, but it adds an issue that I did not have until recently.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

As a user like you, I've no idea why Verizon changes stuff.  You can try calling them.

It looks like the "follow me" feature can work with simultaneous ring.  Maybe that will work for you.

Good Luck.

0 Likes