Call forwarding when I didn't request it?
emac3

If you call our home phone, it rings once, then goes to busy.  If you call back immediately thereafter, you get a fax machine tone (!).  One the home end, if you pick it up i after the first ring, you might get the caller, but otherwise you get a dial tone.

This has been going on for several days now.  The lines have been tested from the sentral office several times now and we don't think that's an issue.

I called Verizon last week; they did something Friday morning (remotely; I don't know what, we weren't home as they did whatever it was they said they did before the time that they had said they would come) and it was fixed then, but Saturday it went back again.

It looks and sounds for all the world as if our home phone number has been forwarded to a fax machine.

We don't have call forwarding service, and I have tried the *73 several times just to be safe, but to no effect.

Before I call again and end up missing another day of work to wait for a repair that won't come when promised -- any ideas?

Thanks much 

0 Likes
Re: Call forwarding when I didn't request it?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes