Caller ID displayed on TV set.
FiosVirgin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had DirecTV for over 5 years (bundled thru Verizon)

I just switched to Fios. So still getting internet, phone and tv from Verizon.

One feature I really miss from DirecTV, was when your phone rang

a Caller ID window popped up at the bottom of your TV screen.

I didn't have to put my reading glasses on to read it on the phone,

it was clear as day on my big screen TV.

It was a standard feature, no extra charge or anything.

Now, you'd think if there was ONE COMPANY who could make this happen,

it would be the PHONE company?

Whadda ya say Verizon? Can ya do it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Caller ID displayed on TV set.
FiosVirgin
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Bad! (sort of)

When the tech did the installation, I asked if the caller id function was available, and he said, no.

Then I came to this forum, to see if it would be soon.

Then, after posting yesterday (see above) I took the advice of an earlier poster

and tried activating it.

Even though I live in California, IT WORKS!

I even went upstairs and activated it on a neighbors tv.

Thanks all for your input.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

It is available on FiOS, no charge. I have had it working just fine for about 10 months or so. Have you tried to activate it?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

It is avaialble IF you are a Verizon land line subscriber and IF you have CID on your phone (just to clarify - not everyone has triple plays).

0 Likes
Status changed to: Under Review
Doug_VZ1
Contributor - Level 2

0 Likes
Doug_VZ1
Contributor - Level 2

I am working to get clarification on this feature.

0 Likes
Doug_VZ1
Contributor - Level 2

We do offer the Caller ID service on FiOS TV but is isn't available everywhere yet.

It is being offered in FL, TX, MA, RI, and parts of NY and NJ.

In order for the customer to receive this service, they must have either FiOS Digitial Voice or FTTP Voice, FiOS Internet and Verizon Call Assistant.

0 Likes
Status changed to: Unspecified
Doug_VZ1
Contributor - Level 2

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

OK, to respond to some of the posts here:

Keyboards: He says he in his post he has FiOS phone, internet, and TV from Verizon. And yes, of course he must have Caller ID on the phone - if he didn't why would he expect it to work, and how would it have worked in the past? And something not mentioned, he must NOT have the Distinctive Ring feature turned on.

Doug: He said he had FiOS phone, internet, and TV. Everything I have seen says that if you activate the Caller ID feature on your TV, if you don't have Call Assistant you will be automatically signed up for it (free of course); true, not true? It wasn't that way in the beginning but as I understand it that is true now. And I am pretty sure that late last year I was communicating with a guy in CA that had Caller ID on TV working, CA does not show in your list, are you sure it is not available there? I am under the impression that the Caller ID on TV feature is available over the entire FiOS footprint now - not true? If not it would be a good idea to tell us where it ISN'T available.

So again, has the the original poster tried to activate Caller ID on TV yet? I don't know where he is located but the odds are pretty good he is in an area where it is available. Why don't we wait and see what he says when and if he ever comes back?

Geez....

0 Likes
HughB
Enthusiast - Level 2

We do offer the Caller ID service on FiOS TV but is isn't available everywhere yet.

It is being offered in FL, TX, MA, RI, and parts of NY and NJ.

In order for the customer to receive this service, they must have either FiOS Digitial Voice or FTTP Voice, FiOS Internet and Verizon Call Assistant.

That's what Verizon has been saying for almost a year. When will this feature be rolled out to the rest of your customers?

0 Likes
FiosVirgin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thik the answer liesin the fact that I live in California and Fios is just being rolled out in my city

Santa Monica.

I'll check back for any other updates. Thanks all for your input.

0 Likes