Caller ID firmware upgrade
TedD

My caller ID only works part of the time.  Is there going to be any firmware fix soon for this problem.  I reported it several weeks ago and received voicemail telling me that a fix was in the works.  Location is Chatham, NJ

TIA

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID firmware upgrade
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1
Could you post back here when you get the firmware fix?  I'm having a similar problem.  I get 'incomplete data' on many calls.  I know the caller id info is passed between the 1st & 2nd rings so it's not like I'm picking up on the first ring.
0 Likes
JJohn

I'm having the same problem with my caller id. Switched to FIOS in late March...problem surfaced in early April. A tech came out to swap my the box outside the house today. After making the swap, which did not fix the problem, he told me that the problem has to do with software/firmware that is related to boxes from a particular vendor. I asked what was being done and he said that someone at Verizon was working on it. After numerous calls, explaining this problem to a host of Verizon customer support people, telling me someone is working on it doesn't provide me much comfort.

If anyone had any recent information related to this problem, please send me a message.

0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1
Interesting thing....my Verizon Call Assistant doesn't have any problem...just the caller id devices on the phone.   ??
0 Likes
TedD
I wound up replacing all my phones with a DECT 6.0 Panasonic system.  No problems since.  It appears that older phones just are sensitive enough to detect the caller id signal over fiber.
0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

i'm due for a new phone.  i think i'll give it a try.

Thanks for the update! 

0 Likes
Harles
Enthusiast - Level 3

@TedD wrote:
I wound up replacing all my phones with a DECT 6.0 Panasonic system.  No problems since.  It appears that older phones just are sensitive enough to detect the caller id signal over fiber.

This makes sense, I believe the voltage in the inside wiring is lower once Verizon installs an ONT.

Thank you,
Harles

0 Likes
phillyphone
Enthusiast - Level 3
I also have the Panasonic Dect 6.0 and my caller ID has worked 99% of the time. I recently got one call where it malfunctioned but I had also just installed a wireless mouse on my laptop and I think maybe it interfered with the cid transmission to the phone.
0 Likes