Caller ID on TV with cablevision ported phone number
e654562

Late last week I was talking to a tech and found out that they got a notice that there is a problem with numbers that were ported over from other carriers.  My father-inlaw who lives down the block has his callerid on tv working.. so I know it is not an area thing. My number originated at Cablevision of long island. So I am assuming that this is the problem. He could not give me any info on when this would be fixed but if anyone knows or has heard anything similar please let us know.. Thanks

Bill

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID on TV with cablevision ported phone number
vcorde
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your phone service needs to be bundled with the TV package. My screen would say I needed Verizon phone service to work, I have Fios Digital Voice. Brought my number back from Vonage and the order wasn't placed correctly by the rep. After several weeks and numerous calls, got a great rep. on the case. He had to cancel my phone service and re-bundle the package, as soon as it was done, caller ID worked. Your box isn't recognizing that you have phone with your package

0 Likes
e654562

Are you from the NY area? just asking because the tech I spoke to told me it was specific to the NY area..

0 Likes
vcorde
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes on Long Island

0 Likes
mrmar23

I am having the same issue now, has any figured something out? Is there any updates on this situation?

0 Likes