Caller ID timestamp wrong every time Daylight Savings occurs. FIX - just get an incoming call!
JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

I've been trying to get this FIX for 2 years since I switched to Verizon FIOS for TV, ISP, Home landline.  Every 6 months when daylight savings occurs, my timestamp is incorrect. Tech support can never answer my question about this.

Today, it displayed 6:04pm when it was 4:44pm so it is not just the 1 hour difference!

When a neighbor phoned me to ask about something, I noticed the timestamp changed.

Why does it take an inbound phone call to reset the Caller ID timestamp display??? Isn't there something Verizon network should be pushing to the phone? Why don't the tech support reps know how to resolve this?  Why don't they answer their phones on Mondays?   

Have a nice day,

AnTracSmiley Surprised

0 Likes
Re: Caller ID timestamp wrong every time Daylight Savings occurs. FIX - just get an incoming call!
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

The answer to why it takes a call to force the change, is because we send timestamp information along with the call. You do not mention if your caller ID is built into your phone, or if it is an older unit that is separate but there may be a setting in the phone itself to allow for Daylight Savings Time. We do not send any type of signal that will correct the time on your phone outside of the timestamp on an incoming call. Thank you Peter C

0 Likes